Cover of: Coal exports and port development | Read Online
Share

Coal exports and port development a technical memorandum of the Office of Technology Assessment. by

  • 641 Want to read
  • ·
  • 18 Currently reading

Published by Cornell Maritime Press in Centreville, Md .
Written in English

Subjects:

Places:

  • United States.

Subjects:

  • Coal -- Transportation -- United States.,
  • Coal trade -- United States.

Book details:

Edition Notes

Includes bibliographical references.

ContributionsLeeper, John H., 1937-, Tomassoni, Mark E., United States. Congress. Office of Technology Assessment.
Classifications
LC ClassificationsHE595.C6 C6 1982
The Physical Object
Paginationxx, 85 p. :
Number of Pages85
ID Numbers
Open LibraryOL3791710M
ISBN 100870332864
LC Control Number81071245
OCLC/WorldCa8222631

Download Coal exports and port development

PDF EPUB FB2 MOBI RTF

  Over 68% of total U.S. coal exports in were coking coal, which is used in making iron and steel. Steam coal, used to generate electricity, comprised the remaining 32% of exports. The seaport at Norfolk, Virginia—America's largest coal export facility—processes approximately 40% of U.S. coal exports.   Newcastle, the world’s largest coal export port, must “urgently” diversify its traffic, the port’s incoming chairman has said, warning that the “long-term outlook for coal is a threat to.   COAL and iron ore are Australia's two biggest export earners, with coal earning the nation about $70 billion last year, with about $20 billion of that amount being shipped out of Newcastle. Australia also vies with Indonesia as the world's biggest coal exporting nation, exporting almost million tonnes last year, or 35 per cent of a market.   The metallurgical coal exports bound for foundries in Asian are not the full story of the Port of Vancouver’s success and this is where the secret becomes ugly. Consider that in , there were million tonnes of coal exports called “non-metallurgical” (a.k.a. thermal coal which is a dirtier burning coal).

  Statistical Press, Beijing (in Chinese). Stone, R. () Coal calling. Port Development Interna- tio Sun, Yat-sen () The International Development of China. Putnam, New York. Todd, D. () Changing technology, economic growth and port development: the transformation of Tianjin. Geofo This edition chronicles the first serious development of coal in Queensland in the Callide Valley. Thanks to intense lobbying by the port's Board of Directors, Gladstone experienced the first of what would become regular bursts of growth and became the port of choice for coal exports. View the online e-book for History Book 2. View a PDF of. The coal production forecasts for stand at million tonnes and exports at million tonnes. In the production is expected to be million tonnes and exports at million tonnes. These figures are based on the companies’ work programming budgets according to a spokesman of the Indonesian Ministry of Energy and Minerals. The Port of Gladstone is Queensland's largest multi-commodity port and the fifth largest multi-commodity port in Australia. It is the world's fourth largest coal exporting terminal. It forms an integral part of the City of Gladstone in Central Queensland and is located about kilometres ( mi) north of Brisbane at Latitude of 23°'S, Longitude °’E.

Coal Exports and Port Development April NTIS order #PB Library of Congress Catalog Card Number For sale by the Superintendent of Documents, U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, D.C. Preface The Office of Technology Assessment has previously published reports on the.   Books Music Art & design was likely to be sufficient for future growth in coal exports. long plan for the greenfield port development was caused by “the failure of. Baltimore, Maryland, is the other significant coal export location on the Atlantic Coast, and two facilities in Baltimore have the capacity to export 29 MMst annually: CNX Marine Terminal (15 MMst annually) and CSX terminal (14 MMst). A port expansion at the former Sparrows Point steel plant, by Tradepoint Atlantic, calls for possible coal export facilities, but the size has not yet been.   A coal terminal in Utah, one of the land-locked Western coal states trying to get coal export facilities built on the West Coast. Credit: George Frey/Getty Images.